Saturday, February 7, 2009

:: Titas activities at Pusat Kanak-kanak Terencat Akal Kuantan::


::View of the front centre::

Assalamualaikum and good day visitors!



Okay, I don't know why I am too excited to share all my experiences with you guys. But for me, in our life circle there should always be give and take among all of us.
Sharing is like giving. I hope my stories could be one step closer for all of us to always doing good deeds and lending hands to those who in needs. My friends and I had been to Pusat Kanak-kanak Terencat Akal in Kuantan.




Actually at first, our group that includes of 10 students had problem on determining the best place to organize our Titas (Islamic and Asian Civilisation Subject) activities. Our group consist of Project Manager that is Raja Gopal, Darwani as Project Assistance , I'm Nadzirah as Secretary, Fauzurrahman as treasurer, Azzimah as food committee, Rohaizamri as Vehicle committee, Amni and Suhaida as Activity committee, Zulhilmi as Gift committee and Zizan as Photography committee. Alhamdulillah after having several discussion, lastly all of us agreed to go to Pusat Kanak-kanak Terencat Akal Kuantan. We really hope that our simple visit could make a huge difference and impact in the life of all the kids. Insyaallah.





The place is spacious and just enough for 30 kids including boys and girls. The occupants are from all different races and religious. The place is managed by Rajamanikam A/L Vengadasalam who acts as manager at the centre. The centre was build in 1 Mei 1997 with cost of RM 10000. The centre is actually the fourth branch from the main centre that is located at Johor Bharu. It is only focusing on the kids welfare rather than education and use fully Bahasa Malaysia language as medium in interaction between the staff and the kids. As the Pusat Kanak-kanak Terencat Akal is not the only the centre in Kuantan as there are also in other states, has made the centre almost facing no finance problem. Almost everyday the centre receive visitors from all walks of life and even money from them. The daily food intake of the occupant is strictly monitored to ensure the kids health are at optimum level. The kids are not given too sweet food as some of the kids are easily becoming hyperactive or uncontrollable.



Furthermore, the centre did not set the age limit but the new occupants will be monitored for 2 weeks before officially accepted as inhabitants of the centre. If they are uncontrollable, they will immediately sent to Mental disorder centre.



All of the kids have their own hidden talent. They are really good in sketching, singing and even acting. They use it as a medium to express their feeling and it touches my heart as they are really happy eventhough they live in poverty.


:: Tiring yet enjoyable moment ::

I really appreciate this experience as I get to know my group members better than before. There is many sweet memories we has endured together. I hope that someday I could contribute something to those who in needs just to bring them happiness.


:: At T.C shore..hehe ::

We also have been spending time together at T.C or easily know as Teluk Chempedak. It is a nice trip and I hope we will all be together as best friends forever! (^_^)




:: Beautiful day with beautiful group! ::

1 comment:

Fatiehah said...

u are tagged!!!!!!!!!!