Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Simple Pasta Spiral Carbo'narah'

Assalamualaikum and Good day!

Today, I've finally accomplished on making this pasta spiral carbonara that I have longed to make since months ago. Although it was my first trial, alhamdulillah, it taste bellissimo!! My family likes it. =D

I do love eating italian foods such as pasta, spaghetti, lasagna and pizza. It is totally simple and I do hope you could try it. It is not that too healthy as I used canned and packaging food.

But for those who are in a rush and wanted to be full in such a short time, why not give it a shot? So here is my simple pasta spiral carbo'narah' recipe. hee (^_^)


Pasta Spiral Carbo'narah'

Ingredients:


Reili's Spiral pasta
4 Ayamas cheese sausages (sliced)
3 clove of garlic (sliced)
Oyster mushroom (sliced)
1 can of Prego Carbonara Mushroom pasta sauce
A bit of McCormick oregano
A bit of McCormick dried basil leaves
Basso extra virgin olive oil
Some water
Sugar to taste
Salt to taste


Method:

1. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 10-14 mins or as directed by the packaging. Add one teaspoon of salt and extra virgin oil. Wait until it tender and drain it. Put aside. (For this recipe, I boil the pasta with vegetable soup that my mom's make and just add a small amount of water, olive oil and salt) Just to enhance the flavor of the pasta. =)

2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a pan. Add garlic, sausages and oyster mushroom. Saute the garlic and cook it until it fragrant and while for sausages and oyster mushroom until it golden brown.

3. Add in the pasta sauce, some water and oregano. Add in too salt and sugar according to your preference. Let the sauce simmer for a while. Carbonara sauce is complete.

4. Pour in the carbonara sauce on top of the spiral pasta and sprinkle some dried basil leaf for that Italiano feel. Walaa. Done. Excellente!!!! =D

p/s- According to other recipe, if you it more cheesy and delicious, you can put some parmesan cheese on top of it. Unfortunately, I only have mozarella chesse at my home. :(



All the best and have fun with cooking! (^_^)

No comments: